Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday July 13th, 2010

11am - 5pm

NEW BOOKS! NEW BOOKS!

Today we opened up a whole lot of new books! Well I did. lol
I got pretty good at opening up boxes with lots of extra tape and lots of cardboard envelopes.

To Do List:
  • Open all Books (Check)
  • Put all books in database (check)
  • Complete all info on books in the database (ongoing)

We got just a little under 150 books in. All are now in the database and the info will be completed tomorrow at work with Pam's help!

After opening up all the books I sorted them into publication stacks. For example: July, August, Sept, etc....

Then slyly twittered that I was looking at the towers of books I made for Sara to come help me finish! lol

She came over to the table with me when she was done (for the moment) with her stuff and I read her ISBN numbers. She entered them into bookreader or book recorder or some program like that and I continued to sort them into stacks when that particular book was done.

Gwen stayed in the "office" area working on her soap column then took a nap upstairs...I think? She came down for Lunch and then again later before I left.

Anyways, after sorting all the books by pub. month I put the stacks of books into boxes. Of course I made sure to take out all the books I wanted to read. lol

Sara made a list of the books I wanted and told me to review them! YES! Publish experience!

Today was definitely new book day. We stayed in. I got to work. Worked hard. Ate pizza for lunch. Had fun.

Another good day in the life of being a FreshFiction.com Intern.

Till Tomorrow!Becky

1 comment: