Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday July 12, 2010

11am - 5pm

Sry, It's been a while...
Well I kinda forgot about this thing and then it was fourth of july weekend...then I forgot about it again... :)

Today we had a super Adventure!

To Do List:
  • Go to Pr Event thing-a-ma-jig
  • email Gwen R&R 2010 minutes
  • Author Challenge

I got to the house at 11am as usual as always and we left for the Studio Movie Grill for a PR event. Guess who I randomly ran into?

Back story: This past spring I applied to join this prestigious group on campus called PLP (the Professional Leadership Program) through the College of Business. After a rigorous application process and stressful panel interview I got ACCEPTED!!

Well, I ran into Fanny, a student director in PLP, one of many who sat through my interview. I was sooo excited. She was all dressed up with her Mentor Bill Wallace who ran the event.

After saying hi to her I went back to sit down and ordered lunch. I happened to be the only one who ordered food...Well, one of the only ones who didn't order a salad and got a hamburger instead. lol

We all had to stand up and introduce ourselves to the ppl in the room. Guess who sat behind me?

Back story: When I was a freshman in high school, I was on the cheerleading squad.

Well, A girl from the varsity cheerleading squad of high school that year stood up and introduced herself as an anchorwoman for cbs or nbc. one of them. That's pretty cool.

It really is a small world. Probably smaller now that I've been an RA and like to be involved.

We sat through a demo on "sound bites" by Jeff Brady and Rebecca Rodriguez. Three unlucky people got called to the front and we critiqued how well they did on camera. I really learned alot. Took notes on my Ipod Touch. lol cause of course I forgot paper.

When it was done, I went down to the bottom so I could introduce myself to Bill Wallace, Fanny's Mentor. Once I mentioned PLP he got super excited. lol It was nice and entertaining. Made me feel special. I took a picture with him and fanny and then went back home with Sara this time.

We took two cars cause Gwen had a movie to review.
Sara gave me some good advice and when we got home I emailed everyone I saw there (from what I remembered) and told how nice it was to meet them or see them again.

Then I wrote Readers and Ritas (R and R) Minutes...

Easy, interesting, entertaining, day.
Tomorrow we'll be opening up 3 boxes full of new books to sort!

I'm learning so much through this internship and meeting people I never thought I would.
I love having a small world. It makes things more accessible and much more fun.

"I will be camera ready" Becky!

No comments:

Post a Comment